Can't get rid of this malware

chase998

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
I think i got some malware on my pc from downloading a fake game mod. my PC said "malware detected" in the top left so i clicked on it and it sent me to windows defender. Under detected items it found something called "Worm:Win32/Ainslot.A". After it had found the virus, it asked me to reboot, so i did, but when i rebooted it i got the windows 8 blue screen of death and it said "CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED". I tried it again, but the same thing happened as soon as i clicked reboot in windows defender. I tried doing a system restore but the same thing happened there too when it started the restore. I just get the blue screen and it restarts without removing the virus. It seems like every time i try to do something that will remove the virus (like a system restore or antivirus) it crashes my PC. If i just restart it or shut it down like normal it works fine(without removing the virus obviously) Help?

Solution
No, thats why you have a virus. ! download avg free, 2014 and run a scan on the whole computer.
Its gonna take you a while. Depends how much on your hard drive.

chase998

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

I'm not actually sure. I haven't installed any antivirus on this PC since i'v had it. I have Windows Defender which is what told me i had this. It came with my PC. It counts as antivirus doesn't it?

DineshZaladekar

Honorable
May 13, 2013
i think the malware has effected your
C:\Windows folder cause it happened to my pc once
if you have any very-very important file then detach your harddisk
and conect it to some other working pc and get that files
and then reconnecdt your harddisk and re-install
WINDOWS if you dont want to keep trail of this virus again
install malware antibyte
cause its the best antivirus after defender and avast

REGARD