Question Can't get signal from Gpu

Nov 6, 2021
So I've been having a problem recently. A few months ago, my PC flipped off, and it wouldn't turn back on, after trouble shooting I knew I needed a new mother board. I only recently got a new one, but I've had a problem. No matter what I do, I can't get a signal from my GPU (Rx 570). Even when I have my gpu installed, I can't get a signal from it, but I can get a signal from my motherboard. I can get onto windows and everything too. When I get onto Windows, I can see the graphics card in device manager, but not in the task manager. I don't know what to do, I've tried reseating the Gpu, and I've tested the Ram, anybody know what's going on, or any fixes? Thanks.
Mother board: ASUS Tuf gaming B560M-plus Wifi
Cpu: Intel i5 10400
Ram: 2 sticks of corsair 3200 mhz 8gb
PSU: EVGA 450 watt (I can't remember the unit)
Gpu: Radeon Rx 570 4gb (I did get it used off Ebay, and I think it was a mining card)

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2021
Last edited:
Nov 4, 2021
"Due to the generic device support with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin, Windows® Update may override the existing Adrenalin graphics driver with a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) version of Radeon Software. In this situation, there will be two Radeon Software versions installed on the system, resulting in the error displayed when trying to launch Radeon Software."

Do you have multiple drivers installed for the GPU? Have you tried using the optional version or the auto detect version? Can you test the graphics card on another system?

Nov 6, 2021
Let me ask again.
How do you get a signal from motherboard outputs when the CPU does not have integrated graphics?
I do have integrated graphics, but even with them disabled, I can only get a signal from the motherboard, and I'm not sure why. I'm afraid I'm not completely sure what you're asking.

Nov 6, 2021
"Due to the generic device support with AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin, Windows® Update may override the existing Adrenalin graphics driver with a Universal Windows Platform (UWP) version of Radeon Software. In this situation, there will be two Radeon Software versions installed on the system, resulting in the error displayed when trying to launch Radeon Software."

Do you have multiple drivers installed for the GPU? Have you tried using the optional version or the auto detect version? Can you test the graphics card on another system?
I don't believe that I would have multiple drivers installed. I've tried the autodetect version, but not with the full Darkbreeze guide, and I don't think I've tried the optional version. I don't have access to another system to test the Graphics card either.

bignastyid

Titan
I do have integrated graphics, but even with them disabled, I can only get a signal from the motherboard, and I'm not sure why. I'm afraid I'm not completely sure what you're asking.
Then you don't have a 10400F, the F indicates no igpu and without an igpu on the CPU the ports on the motherboard are dead.

If it's a driver issue DB's guide should fix it. If that is not working then then either the used gpu has failed, the psu has issues and can no longer properly power the card or the new motherboard has a pci-e issue. Have you tried the card in the bottom 16x slot?

Reactions: dotas1
Then you don't have a 10400F, the F indicates no igpu and without an igpu on the CPU the ports on the motherboard are dead.

If it's a driver issue DB's guide should fix it. If that is not working then then either the used gpu has failed, the psu has issues and can no longer properly power the card or the new motherboard has a pci-e issue. Have you tried the card in the bottom 16x slot?
Exactly what @bignastyid said. That's why I was asking about the signal from motherboard since it's an F CPU.

Nov 6, 2021

With my case I can't fit it into the bottom slot, but I can try and take my motherboard out of the case and try it. Sorry about the confusion with the Cpu