Question Cant get this pc to run no matter what I do. Please help.

Feb 11, 2021
I bought a ryzen 5 5600x recently. Brand new never opened box. My old motherboard didn’t support the new series of ryzen so I bought an MSI board. After upgrading my build it worked perfectly fine. Ran a userbench and everything was performing as expected. I went into the bios to enable xmp through MSI through their preset bios profiles, save and turn it off. When I turn it back on, the Q-Leds are stuck on dram. After going through everytroubleshooting measure I could (clearing cmos, using one stick of ram, removing gpu, etc.)... no dice.

I thought it was the new msi motherboard that was the problem, so I bought an ASUS motherboard. Built it as soon as it arrived today and finished about an hour ago. I flash the bios so it can support the new ryzen 5 series. But again, no dice. The Q-leds light up for everything individually, and then it sticks on vga and boot. Went through the same troubleshooting as the MSI board. I took out my cpu to see if I had caused any damage, but there were no visibly bent pins, or any other type of damage. I got my old ryzen 5 3600 and tried that as well, but the same problem persist. I also tried using the other stick of ram, and a completely different stick I know is functional b/c its in a working system. PSU is new from corsair, bought it a couple months ago no problems.

Please help I don’t know what to do or what my next steps are. I don’t know why my pc wont post I have had zero problems with this hardware.

I bought a ryzen 5 5600x recently. Brand new never opened box. My old motherboard didn’t support the new series of ryzen so I bought an MSI board. After upgrading my build it worked perfectly fine. Ran a userbench and everything was performing as expected. I went into the bios to enable xmp through MSI through their preset bios profiles, save and turn it off. When I turn it back on, the Q-Leds are stuck on dram. After going through everytroubleshooting measure I could (clearing cmos, using one stick of ram, removing gpu, etc.)... no dice.

I thought it was the new msi motherboard that was the problem, so I bought an ASUS motherboard. Built it as soon as it arrived today and finished about an hour ago. I flash the bios so it can support the new ryzen 5 series. But again, no dice. The Q-leds light up for everything individually, and then it sticks on vga and boot. Went through the same troubleshooting as the MSI board. I took out my cpu to see if I had caused any damage, but there were no visibly bent pins, or any other type of damage. I got my old ryzen 5 3600 and tried that as well, but the same problem persist. I also tried using the other stick of ram, and a completely different stick I know is functional b/c its in a working system. PSU is new from corsair, bought it a couple months ago no problems.

Please help I don’t know what to do or what my next steps are. I don’t know why my pc wont post I have had zero problems with this hardware.
So there were no issues with the new asus board till after flashing the bios?

Reactions: avinfotech
Feb 11, 2021
So there were no issues with the new asus board till after flashing the bios?

the msi board is the one that worked until I changed the the bios. The asus board is the new one that never posted, but experiences the same problem. The fans will spin and all the rgb works but the only thing that happens is the Q-leds lighting up.

the msi board is the one that worked until I changed the the bios. The asus board is the new one that never posted, but experiences the same problem. The fans will spin and all the rgb works but the only thing that happens is the Q-leds lighting up.
With the power unplugged pull the watch battery from the mobo. Hold the power button on the case for 30s x2 reseat your battery and power cord. Try to boot the system.