puria101

Prominent
Jul 28, 2019
hi i have a 8GB DDR - 2666Mhz (2X4GB) ram sticks from HYPER and i can't seem to get them onto the motherboard of TUF B450M-Plus gaming both support ddr4 i have looked in the manual of the motherboard and place them on the dims of the 2nd and fourth, and when i put the ram sticks i hear a weird fuzzy noise i think i am damaging them when i try putting them onto the slot, Some people say you're meant to hear a click when the ram sticks is placed correctly but i never heard a click do i put more pressure onto the ram sticks or am i doing something wrong?

RealBeast

Titan
Memory sticks do make a wee bit of a grinding noise almost when you slide them in as the contacts are seated and it does require some constant even gentle, but continuous pressure until the small plastic lock at one end snaps into the slot on the memory stick.

puria101

Prominent
Jul 28, 2019
Memory sticks do make a wee bit of a grinding noise almost when you slide them in as the contacts are seated and it does require some constant even gentle, but continuous pressure until the small plastic lock at one end snaps into the slot on the memory stick.
Hi thanks for replying i will try again with more pressure, i just want to know does motherboard only have one plastic lock? at the end the i can’t open the plastic lock

Hi thanks for replying i will try again with more pressure, i just want to know does motherboard only have one plastic lock? at the end the i can’t open the plastic lock
All DDR4 are like that nowadays, there should be even some explanation in the MB manual, Insert one side with non-movable side first and press on the middle of RAM stick and move to other end until it closes. Electrical current is very low so contacts need high pressure to keep contacts reliable.

Reactions: puria101

puria101

Prominent
Jul 28, 2019
All DDR4 are like that nowadays, there should be even some explanation in the MB manual, Insert one side with non-movable side first and press on the middle of RAM stick and move to other end until it closes. Electrical current is very low so contacts need high pressure to keep contacts reliable.
Ok thanks i’ll do what you said