Can't get to Safe Mode or Command Prompt

RickFarrow

Reputable
Jan 10, 2016
Win 7 Ultimate x64

I installed a ton of Windows Updates yesterday and when booting this AM I got the BSOD, Now, I can’t get into Safe Mode or a command prompt. I created a system repair disk from my other computer (running the same version and tried to boot it – no luck). The BSOD indicates an uncorrectable hardware error (0x00000124). I can get into SetupF2 and Boot Menu f12; but f8 will not get to safe mode. In the Setup error log – it shows a Keyboard error. Without being able to access anything, I can't run any of the diagnostics or reports. (I have searched here and elsewhere - but everything if find is based on being able to get into safe mode)

Any other way to get inside this thing to start to work on it?

Thank you!
Rick

I also changed monitors and unplugged any external hardware. And I'm testing with a USB keyboard on different USB ports - no effect.

RickFarrow

Reputable
Jan 10, 2016
When running the 'launch startup recovery' it shows files loading and stops at aswrvt - then gives me the blue screen.

generally bugcheck 0x124 is a hardware problem, overheating, incorrect voltage being applied to the CPU, disconnected PSU to GPU power connection. CPU fans not working, overclocking, computer plugged in to a bad power strip. Heat sink not seated.

but these would not generally bugcheck loading the same file each time.

RickFarrow

Reputable
Jan 10, 2016

I'll try to check these items - as best I can. Thanks :)