Can't Get upgrade form 2x2G to 2x4GB to work, i have tried everything!

HereGoes

Reputable
Dec 4, 2014
Hi guys

Firstly to all those that help on this forum, you are saints! Reading post here has helped me with may other issues and you guys go out of your way to help even simple issues!

Second, I have searched and read so many posts on this and tired all the things listed and still I cant get this stuff to work so you assistance is very much appreciated. My next solution is through it out and start again!

In summary, i have 2x2G cards at the moment, i bought 2x4G of the same make and type of card but when I put them in i do not even get as far as the BIOS. If I only put in the 2x4G cards i get the BSOD rql_not_less_or_equal.

I have update the BIOS, I have tried different cards in different slots and swapped out the cards to ensure they are not faulty. I have left the setting on auto and manually set them in the BIOS and no change. I even ran off a new clean hard drive and tried to install windows but nothing. What am i missing!

Stats
Windows 7 64bit
ASUS P7P55 LX latest bios v 1202
Intel i5
2x2G G.Skill F3-10666CL9D DDR3 1333 CL9-9-9-24 1.5V (current)
2x4G G.Skill F3-10666CL9D DDR3 1333 CL9-9-9-24 1.5V (new)
ATI HD 5700

Thanks

HereGoes

Reputable
Dec 4, 2014
I got blue screen with just the two and could not get to bios if I had all four.

But as it turns out I am just exceptionally unlucky. Two sets of memory stickes were duds. just got a third set and hey presto no issue at all... after all that frustration! Grrr

Problem solved - bad memory sticks... twice!