[SOLVED] Can't get WIFI to work on newly built PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 14, 2022
I just built my first PC. Everything seems to work great, except there is no option for WIFI, only ethernet.

I have a Gigabyte b660 motherboard, and it has the two gold WIFI connecter thingies. It came with an antenna that connects to it.

I have been searching and trying lots of stuff, but nothing seems to work.

Solution

I don't see anything in device manager, I also tried scanning for hardware changes and showing hidden devices.

My motherboard is a B660 Gaming X AX DDR4.

I made sure that windows update installed everything too. I am not sure how to go about installing a wifi driver, or where I would find it.
Those "unknown" devices are your WIFI. You need to load the drivers that came with your motherboard.

kanewolf

Titan
I just built my first PC. Everything seems to work great, except there is no option for WIFI, only ethernet.

I have a Gigabyte b660 motherboard, and it has the two gold WIFI connecter thingies. It came with an antenna that connects to it.

I have been searching and trying lots of stuff, but nothing seems to work.
Do you have any entries in your device manager with an exclamation point or question mark? Any unknown/unidentified devices in device manager ?

There are many Gigabyte B660 motherboards, which exact model do you have ?

May 14, 2022

I don't see anything in device manager, I also tried scanning for hardware changes and showing hidden devices.

I made sure that windows update installed everything too. I am not sure how to go about installing a wifi driver, or where I would find it.

kanewolf

Titan

Those "unknown" devices are your WIFI. You need to load the drivers that came with your motherboard.

Reactions: Niffster
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.