[SOLVED] Can't get Windows 10 to install on an old PC ?

Nov 8, 2020
I have an old PC which was a Windows 7 PC, the screen was flickering but the monitor was ok (Pictures Here, Here, Here)
i recently changed the HDD to SSD and I'm trying to install Windows 10 to this PC but when i finish choosing which Windows 10 I was going to install it blue-screened.
i dont know if this is a problem with the hardware or software ?

Specs:
i7-4790
GT 730
8GB Memory DDR3
an old Asus motherboard
and a random 380watt PSU

Solution
I have an old PC which was a Windows 7 PC, the screen was flickering but the monitor was ok (Pictures Here, Here, Here)
i recently changed the HDD to SSD and I'm trying to install Windows 10 to this PC but when i finish choosing which Windows 10 I was going to install it blue-screened.

Specs:
i7-4790
GT 730
8GB Memory DDR3
an old Asus motherboard
and a random 380watt PSU
update the bios to get the best chance of working.
you had a custom usb driver installed that broke the upgrade.

i7-4790 came out in may of 2014 so your system hardware should be ok.
I would just remove what ever custom USB driver you are running and do a clean install from a...

Specs:
i7-4790
GT 730
8GB Memory DDR3
an old Asus motherboard
and a random 380watt PSU
update the bios to get the best chance of working.
you had a custom usb driver installed that broke the upgrade.

i7-4790 came out in may of 2014 so your system hardware should be ok.
I would just remove what ever custom USB driver you are running and do a clean install from a usb thumb drive over a usb 2.x port rather than a usb 3 port that might have a custom driver required.
you could also use a CD to do the install. You should also do a bios update before you do the new install, this will fix many USB issues that a old bios might have. if you use the upgrade path you have to update the bios and motherboard drivers for usb before you upgrade.
also stop that antivirus /usb program before you attempt a upgrade (this program most likely stopped the upgrade.)

Solution