Can't get Windows onto laptop

Aidenlvr

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
So basically my laptop started playing up so in the start up repair screen I entered the command prompt and cleaned/wiped the whole disk.

I had Windows 10 installation files ready on USB (I have installed same way on 2 other laptops recently), so I put USB in and it made a very loud beeping noise with the Toshiba symbol on the screen going all fuzzy.

This happens every time I turn the laptop on with the USB in, without the USB it just finds no drives to boot. Also I cannot access the bios. As I said this has worked twice before recently on other laptops.

I also have a gaming PC btw so not too urgent, just need it for my work

How could I fix this?

Solution
Hello Aidenlvr

Can you please check and confirm if you can access the BIOS when the USB stick is not connect to the computer?

Also, please check that your BIOS is up-to-date, and if not, updating it to its latest version might help. However, please make sure to back up the current BIOS to avoid any future problems.

If that doesn't help, hard resetting your laptop might do the trick. To do so:

> Power off the laptop.

> Unplug it from the power supply.

> Pull out its battery.

> Press down and hold the Power button for 45-60 seconds.

> Release the Power button.

> Put the battery back in and then try booting it with the USB connected.

Feel free to report back if further assistance is needed.

Cheers!! :)

Aidenlvr

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016

Ok so i cannot access BIOS at all, as in i have tried every possible combination to open the BIOS when turning it on but nothing happens. I therefore would not be able to update BIOS because I cant get onto it at all.

Having tried doing a hard reset, it still just stops on the Toshiba screen with (so far) no beeping or fuzzy screen. As i mentioned i had reset 2 hp laptops before and booted from a windows usb and it was fine, I didn't even need to change boot order but my Toshiba laptop just freezes.

Would it be possible to boot from hard drive if i put it into my PC and put windows installation files on it?

Hello again Aidenlvr

As long as both the PCs have identical hardware, there won't be any problem doing so. But if it's otherwise, and you install Windows 10 on a different PC and then install the HDD back on this one, Windows may prompt you about hardware driver mismatch, that too if your BIOS configuration is correct and no hardware is faulty. Nonetheless, you can still give it a try.

Cheers!! :)

Solution
To begin with, it is impossible to go into command prompt and wipe the disc that Windows is on. That is OS suicide and it is impossible to do. So considering this fact, when you went into command prompt you did something that screwed up your BIOS.

You need to remember exactly what command you entered and then tell us so that we can figure out exactly what state your system is in.