Cant get windows vista to boot.No disk reserved for raid or recovery disk after

richard robinson

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
I am running windows vista home prem.64 hp 8530f 8g ram lg blue ray g force gtx 280 video card.PC just out of warranty go figure?Mine froze then I went to restart and it went into a self fix mode and said it could not be fixed.Tried one more time and lost self fix mode all togeather.Tried to do a recovery and does not work.Ordered some recovery disks and did a hard boot to recoginize hardware and still no luck.Says something about no disks set up for raid.Or it will say loading with an atari looking load bar and when thats full load bar turns into a load bar full of a bunch of smile faces.Priced hard drive and its over 400 dallars for the 720gb seagate barracuda not to mension I have 3 grand invested.I could get a new pc for that what bull S.But any way I went ahead and purchased a WD 1tb cav.black and purchased all new sata cables and still same thing.something in the registry dont know cant find any help on this issue.Cant get past set up no f11 and only detects drives after i pull the plug and let it sit for a few hours

Jonmor68

Distinguished
"Ordered some recovery disks" from where? original makers recovery disks? make and model?
Did you have a recovery partition on the original drive?
"loading with an atari looking load bar" What is loading?
"Priced hard drive and its over 400 dallars for the 720gb seagate"??? you're shopping in the wrong place.
Seagate Barracuda LP ST32000542AS 2TB at Newegg $109.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148413
"I went ahead and purchased a WD 1tb cav.black and purchased all new sata cables and still same thing.something in the registry"???
"Ordered some recovery disks and did a hard boot to recoginize hardware and still no luck" "did a hard boot" what with? what hardware are you trying to recognise?
You have a new drive, have you tried reinstalling on it? you havn't provided any details as to how you tried.
In all this post which lacks detail on what you have actually done, and why you felt the need to replace the drive. It may well be that the drive is fine, and may even be your best option for recovery if it contains a restore partition.
As you have failed to mention make and model number we can only guess.

TRENDING THREADS