Question Can't go full screen

alirwez

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
Hello everybody,

Recently, I haven't been able to go fullscreen on games and etc.

When I press Alt + Enter the game goes fullscreen for 1 second then gets back to windowed mode again, as if I had pressed those keys again.

Sometimes I can't even run games, because as soon as I launch them, they get minimized / windowed

This started to happen only a few months ago but since I don't play games very often, I didn't care about it.

Not sure if this happened as a result of a windows update or something else.

What is the solution?

Thanks in advance.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Could be something running in the background or borked drivers. What have you tried and what's your system specs?

Try disable full screen optimisation for game's exe under compatibility. If not then try ddu and reinstall drivers.

Have a look in task manager startup items and assess what's there and disable to troubleshoot.

Reactions: alirwez

alirwez

Commendable
Dec 26, 2020
Could be something running in the background or borked drivers. What have you tried and what's your system specs?

Try disable full screen optimisation for game's exe under compatibility. If not then try ddu and reinstall drivers.

Have a look in task manager startup items and assess what's there and disable to troubleshoot.
I have a 2015 Acer Aspire E15 E5-574G and here are its specs:
CPU: Dual-Core Intel Core i5-6200u 2.30-2.80GHz
RAM: 8GB Single-Channel DDR3 @ 800MHz
GPU: 2GB Nvidia GeForce 940m witg 4GB shared VRAM
HDD: 1TB Western Digital SATA

I have tried nothing but changing the value of "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore\GameDVR_FSEBehaviorMode" to 2

It seemed to work on a few games but it happened again today.