Question Can't I just reset the motherboard to out of the box factory settings?

Jan 2, 2023
I just built my first pc & it ran great for the first 5 days. Then the pc just shutdown suddenly while I was playing guilty gear strive. it went into a constant boot loop several times. so I got into repair/restore and choose keep my files option. After reboot it went back into the boot loop. So I went back to repair/restore and choose remove all files option. halfway through it started the boot loop thing again. I’ve already tried to reinstall windows from usb after installation it just does the same boot loop over and over several times. Inside the BIOS I can see my Nvme SSD in the configuration settings but there's no Nvme SSD present in the boot options menu even though I have a 1TB WD Black sn850 installed.

I just bought a new 2TB WD black Nvme SSD, installed it reset BIOS to default cleared CMOS. It booted it up into windows installation window in put the Product key, custom install, then before I can select which drive it goes back to the boot loop as before with no changes. Ive tried running just one RAM stick, Same results, When I enable CMS and restart both Nvme's are present in boot options menu but when selected and restarted goes right back into the same boot loop. And I already through away all boxes the components came in because everything was working fine & I have limited space. Can anyone Please help??

Ryzen 9 7900x CPU
Asrock OC 7900xt PG GPU
Asrock Steel Legend X670E MOBD
Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 32gb 5200Mhz RAM
2TB WD Black sn850 STORAGE
1TB WD Black sn850 STORAGE

Colif

Win 11 Master
Only want 1 drive in PC when installing windows, its possible the installer saw the other drive when you put windows on.

I would remove the 1tb drive and reinstall windows. its possible the drive died during game and isn't working properly. They can show in bios but not work.

CSM isn't really needed. try resetting bios to defaults.

@satoshichasr One post is enough, they all show in the same place.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2023
Only want 1 drive in PC when installing windows, its possible the installer saw the other drive when you put windows on.

I would remove the 1tb drive and reinstall windows. its possible the drive died during game and isn't working properly. They can show in bios but not work.

CSM isn't really needed. try resetting bios to defaults.

@satoshichasr One post is enough, they all show in the same place.
I tried that first with the same result, I also tried moving the brand new never used 2TB name to all the other m.2 slots with the same results each time. last I installed both the 1tb & the 2tb also with the same results

Jan 2, 2023
I tried that first with the same result, I also tried moving the brand new never used 2TB name to all the other m.2 slots with the same results each time. last I installed both the 1tb & the 2tb also with the same results
from all the research I've done i think its just a defective motherboard. the only other option I'm seeing people doing to fix this is to install Linux or Ubuntu from a usb with reads fine then once Ubuntu is installed it'll see the Nvme like normal. and it'll install whatever driver that is missing that is preventing the bios from seeing the Nvme and then through Linux command lines I can install windows. but I will never be able to do this. installing Linux is difficult for me when I tried it on my PS4 I messed it up and I don't want to mess up this pc more than it is while at least I still have access to the Bios. smh a waste of $5000. bucks trying to build a all AMD AM5 PC

Colif

Win 11 Master
You shouldn't have to install linux just to try to install windows over top. That isn't a series of steps I have ever suggested.

I would perhaps run off an Ubuntu live USB and see if it detects any problems with the drives
But a driver in linux isn't going to allow BIOS to see a drive. If BIOS can't see it, no operating system will either.

It sounds like it could be motherboard. Its only a guess though as there are no tests for motherboards. You check everything else

You should be able to RMA motherboard and not waste any money.