Cant insert this video card into this emachine

bellasaurus

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2010
I have an Emachine ET1331G-03w. I cant insert this video card into the machine because the back panels where the video ports would poke through wont come off. Its like they are almost all the way cut out except the left side is actually attached to the back frame. I cant figure out how to get these "slides" out so I can actually be able to put my video card into the comp. Do I just bend the slides out and break them off? They are metal so this would be hard. Or do I have to replace the entire back panel that would have slides that actually remove...like every other PC has...except for this one. Either that or I am retarded and cant figure out how to remove the slides.

skolpo

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2009
There should be a screw found inside the tower holding each metal piece. Unscrew it and slide the piece out. If there isn't a screw, it might be one of those structures where you can break each individual pieces off.

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Some expansion slots (or the slots where the DVI, VGA and HDMI outputs stick out of) are joined to the case by 2 pieces of metal that appear to be soldered. These often require a bit of force to remove, and should be careful removing them as they often require you to push inwards towards the motherboard.

I would first try to push them outwards away from the motherboard to prevent damage. They cannot be replaced once taken out, so you should only remove those that are not needed. You can also use some wire cutters to cut off the metal, however you probably won't have enough space.

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009
Do you see where it was a hole at the top? Try to fit a screw driver inside, twist upwards, it should pop the top and maybe bottom attachments out. If the bottom is still stuck, use the bottom whole with a screw driver. push upwards while twisting, be sure not to touch the capacitors on the motherboard.
The main priority is not to touch the motherboard's capacitors

You can actually do it with your hands, by pushing inwards but you risk damaging the motherboard if it touches it, and also getting cut..

Rogue77777

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
I'd be very careful. Looking at your pic's, it doesn't look like they wanted those removed when they made the Emachine case.
Normally the slots can be pushed with a little force to remove them, but looking at your picture, those slots are sealed. I really don't think you're going to removed them.
You may need to purchase a new caes.
Good luck

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009

He doesn't need to purchase a new case. Those are only sealed at two points on one side, it isn't hard to remove, but like I said you need to be careful not to touch the capacitors on the motherboard. I have owned cases with that type of seal, it doesnt take much force at all to remove, it's just the motherboard is usually in the way.