[SOLVED] Can't install a graphics card

Jun 19, 2020
  • I can't install a graphics card.
  • I sold the one in the PCPP list because I got tired of messing with this problem.
  • When I run on board graphics with 1 monitor, the computer is awesome.
  • When I install a graphics card, I press the power button, it starts for 1 second and then immediately shuts off and restarts.
  • With the Sapphire, it would do that false start, then boot up with both monitors. Then it would just randomly shut down and restart after 5 minutes to as long as 30 minutes.
  • With my GeForce GTX660Ti from my last PC, it does the false start, then nothing is showing up from both HDMI sources (card or mobo). After a few seconds after the restart, I hear the beep from the mobo, but still nothing on the screens.
  • I updated to current bios today. (no change in issue)

I got fed up and sold the Sapphire card a month ago and ran with 1 monitor for a bit. Now I need to get a 2nd monitor going and when I try with my old 660Ti card, nothing shows up via both HDMI.

I bought this motherboard due to needing a thunderbolt port for my audio interface.

What is causing this hell of an experience?

------------

PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/MQbK8M

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 5 Rev. B 51.17 CFM CPU Cooler
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 DESIGNARE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Team T-FORCE VULCAN Z 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 Memory
Storage: Sabrent Rocket 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Storage: Intel 660p Series 1.02 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 570 4 GB PULSE Video Card
Case: Rosewill SPECTRA X ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: SeaSonic FOCUS Plus Gold 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit

Solution
Disable the onboard video output and run multiple monitors off one video card. I have GTX 970 running two monitors (Acer XB270HU bprz via display port and HP w2007 running through dvi). Both are working fine. Also make sure that video card is properly seated and have power going to the card.

Juan_Bijero

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2016
Disable the onboard video output and run multiple monitors off one video card. I have GTX 970 running two monitors (Acer XB270HU bprz via display port and HP w2007 running through dvi). Both are working fine. Also make sure that video card is properly seated and have power going to the card.

Solution