[SOLVED] cant install amd raid drivers

AlexTheFern

Notable
Jan 21, 2021
I am not able to install these drivers (the second and third ones). I am on windows 10. i have a wd black 500gb.

whenever I run the installer, it will say

Unable to install AMD RAID Component/s.

Unable to proceed in installation. System not configured in Raid mode.

Solution
The RAID option must be enabled in the BIOS before the system can load RAID OPTIONS
  1. Press F2 during startup to enter the BIOS setup.
  2. To enable RAID, use one of the following methods, depending on your board model. Go to Configuration > SATA Drives, set Chipset SATA Mode to RAID. ...
  3. Press F10 to save and exit.
A minimum of two drives is required for RAID 1: one drive for the user data, and one drive for the mirrored data. If you select four or more drives, RAID 10 is automatically configured across the volume group: two drives for user data, and two drives for the mirrored data...
The RAID option must be enabled in the BIOS before the system can load RAID OPTIONS
  1. Press F2 during startup to enter the BIOS setup.
  2. To enable RAID, use one of the following methods, depending on your board model. Go to Configuration > SATA Drives, set Chipset SATA Mode to RAID. ...
  3. Press F10 to save and exit.
A minimum of two drives is required for RAID 1: one drive for the user data, and one drive for the mirrored data. If you select four or more drives, RAID 10 is automatically configured across the volume group: two drives for user data, and two drives for the mirrored data.

Since RAID 0 provides no fault tolerance or redundancy, the failure of one drive will cause the entire array to fail; as a result of having data striped across all disks, the failure will result in total data loss.

Consider carefully before choosing to Raid your disks as it can become a frustrating pain in the butt to deal with.

Solution