Can't install any audio drivers on a brand new pc.

Jul 21, 2018
Hello, yesterday i've finished my buuild.
I was extremely excited because in my opinion with a budget of 500$ i've built a good pc.
So my problem is that i can't install any audio drivers.All the drivers are installed except for the audio driver.If I reinstall the windows will the problem solve by itself?
Edit: Even Driver Booster 5 says that I have all the right drivers.I wanna mention that my monitor is plugged into the gpu only by dvi-d, should I plug it in by hdmi too?

Solution
1. in the bios make sure the audio chipset is turned on.
2. install the intel chipset drivers if one of the drivers are missing your sound chipset wont work.
3. with realteck sound drivers you need three rebooots. the first reboot will remove the driver windows installs. then on the second reboot the installer should run and install itself. you may have to reboot again for the sound to come on.
4. make sure under windows sound realteck speakers are set as default. whe nthey are for the first time only the rear audio port will work. to get the front audio port to work there a small box check that has to be on or off to make front and rear audio port two outputs and not one.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
DB5 will check version numbers, not the actual drivers themselves. Having windows 10,its going to have newer versions of the drivers, even though windows will be missing some, so will tell you the drivers are upto date.

Check the motherboard website and dl the latest set of audio drivers. They usually contain a self installing exe file.

Jul 21, 2018

1. in the bios make sure the audio chipset is turned on.
2. install the intel chipset drivers if one of the drivers are missing your sound chipset wont work.
3. with realteck sound drivers you need three rebooots. the first reboot will remove the driver windows installs. then on the second reboot the installer should run and install itself. you may have to reboot again for the sound to come on.
4. make sure under windows sound realteck speakers are set as default. whe nthey are for the first time only the rear audio port will work. to get the front audio port to work there a small box check that has to be on or off to make front and rear audio port two outputs and not one.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS