[SOLVED] Can't install any graphics driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2020
I decided to reinstall graphics driver, because I had some crashes when playing games.

First, I booted into safe mode, used DDU to uninstall Nvidia Drivers and restarted.
Then, I opened the setup file of latest Nvidia driver for my GTX 560 which is 391.35
But, halfway through the installation, the screen went black, and said "No Signal".
I had to force shutdown, and when booted again, it was fine but the driver wasn't installed.

I repeated the steps several times, boot into safe mode, remove drivers, reboot and install, but still the same issue.

I have already tried the following.

1. Used DDU more than 10 times, to uninstall and reinstall the latest graphics driver. (also, uninstalled Intel HD drivers to make sure there are no traces left)
  2. Tried the driver versions 375.70 and 332.21
  3. Tried using the Device Manager, Driver Booster Pro and GeForce Experience to install the latest drivers. None of them worked, and same "No Signal" error while installing drivers.
  4. Removed and Re-seated the video card.

My video card is a pretty old one as you can see, Is it safe to assume it is dead? Otherwise, what else can I try?

Here's my specs.
Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 @ 3.10GHz
RAM: 4 GB
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 560
Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200. 12 500GB
Motherboard: wolfNfox computer IPMSB-H61
PSU: I don't know the model, there is no label on it either. 500W

Solution
Okay, So after some digging on the internet, found someone having the same exact problem. Just swapped the sides of VGA cable, and somehow magically it solved. Feeling dumb now. Sorry if this wasted someone's time.
Sep 14, 2020
Okay, So after some digging on the internet, found someone having the same exact problem. Just swapped the sides of VGA cable, and somehow magically it solved. Feeling dumb now. Sorry if this wasted someone's time.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.