Can't install cpu cooler ( hyper t4)

Ntinos

Honorable
Jul 22, 2015
First time building a pc. I've been trying for 2+ hours to install the heat sink but I cant. First of all, which way should I put the mounting brackets? In this video (Link) , the brackets are upside down with how they are shown at the manual. Secondly, I cant place the retention plate, is it because its called "AMD retention plate"? I have an i5 4460, lga 1150.Also, I cant place the plate because next to the cpu msi has some dragons so I dont have enough space (Link) Can someone help me? The manual is messing with my brain. the kit: (link)

Im afraid of having scratched or damaged something while trying to place the heat sink :(

Solution
Your going to have to list the brand of cpu cooler you have first, and it`s name plus a model number.
Then someone, can look at it and tell you if it fits and how to fit it.

Also name the brand of motherboard you have and it`s model number of the board also.
It goes a long way to help you solve how to fit the cpu cooler the right way.
Just saying you cannot fit the cooler, is no good things have to be checked, and how are you going to deal with it without knowing what hardware you are dealing with. Why you always post the specs of the kit.
It not only helps you but also us to help resolve the problem you currently have with it`s installation.

We can look at the layout of the mobo, and the cooler and determine what cpu bracket and...
Your going to have to list the brand of cpu cooler you have first, and it`s name plus a model number.
Then someone, can look at it and tell you if it fits and how to fit it.

Also name the brand of motherboard you have and it`s model number of the board also.
It goes a long way to help you solve how to fit the cpu cooler the right way.
Just saying you cannot fit the cooler, is no good things have to be checked, and how are you going to deal with it without knowing what hardware you are dealing with. Why you always post the specs of the kit.
It not only helps you but also us to help resolve the problem you currently have with it`s installation.

We can look at the layout of the mobo, and the cooler and determine what cpu bracket and back plate must be used, and how the cooler should be mounted on the cpu in orientation. Get the board name, model number and the cooler model name and number.

Then post back ok.

Solution