[SOLVED] Can't install driver on new gpu (rx 580), need help pls, I have no more ideas

Prysak

Commendable
Mar 6, 2017
Well, I bought a sapphire pulse rx 580 8gb second handed and I have problems making it work.

After I uninstall my previous drivers (I had a gtx 950) I plug in the rx 580 and the pc boot, but when the bios turn up it show up some kind of artifact here's a pic (sorry for the low quality my phone is really old), that persisted even on windows (multiple line red and blue lines across the screen in horizontally manner). I thought that it was most likely a driver thing so I went to download the latest one (stable) from amd page but when I was installing it my pc crashed and show a blue screen with the following sign "thread stuck in device driver"

So I guessed that my previous drivers weren't deleted correctly so I installed DDU and boot windows into safe mode (I also take out the ethernet cable so when I boot normally again I wouldn't have internet and windows would not get a random driver in), uninstalled both drivers (amd and nvidia) boot up again into windows and try installing again the amd drivers. The same thing happened, I try doing it a couple of times more and it always ended up with the same problem.

I thought maybe is a motherboard issue so I upgrade the bios of my mobo (that is a asus b450m-a and is new) and nothing changed.

So after the problem continued I just had enough and just completely formatted my computer, installed windows 10 again and... the problem continued. The artifacts are still showing up, I can't install a amd driver and every time I try to do it windows blue screen show up.

I'm guessing is something in the gpu but I have no experience dealing with it so I'm here to recruit the internet wisdom to see if I can make this gpu work.

Last edited:
Solution
Best to edit out the swearing (family forum after all).

Artifacts like that tend to suggest a GPU issue. Have you still got the GTX 950? I would suggest reinstalling that to see if any artifacts appear. If they don't, then the issue is highly likely limited to the RX 580 rather than another component of the PC.

Artifacts like that tend to suggest a GPU issue. Have you still got the GTX 950? I would suggest reinstalling that to see if any artifacts appear. If they don't, then the issue is highly likely limited to the RX 580 rather than another component of the PC.

Solution

Prysak

Commendable
Mar 6, 2017

Sorry that was a mistake from my part, didn't sleep well last night haha.

Yeah the system work nicely before the gpu change, I'm thinking its a vbios problem in the rx 580.

TRENDING THREADS