Question Can't install drivers because computer crashes

Dec 31, 2019
Hello, my gpu died last week, so I picked up my old card and it refuses to install drivers. Yesterday the device manager was saying (Code 31) Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device and after it says (Code 45) Currently this device is not connected to the computer. Today it isn't even showing up in the device manager. But it shows in the HWINFO64 ant then it instantly crashes. GPU doesn't output video so I use 2 cards at once.

Specifications:
  • Motherboard : Asus Rampage IV black edition
  • CPU : Xeon E5-2620
  • RAM : 2x8GB and 2x4GB (both are at the same speed and same timings)
  • PSU : EVGA 850W B3
  • GPU1 : Nvidia GT220 ( I use it for video output)
  • GPU2 : AMD R9 280X (Refuses to install drivers)
  • HDD : 1TB WD blue
So what I tried :
  • Putting it in other system ( Still refuses to install drivers) system had integrated graphics
  • DDU and install again
  • Reflash bios on gpu
  • Different PSU
  • Tried Linux it refuses to boot with R9 280x
Any help is appreciated!

Lutfij

Titan
Looks like the AMD card croaked. Might want to confirm this assumption by dropping it into a donor system(that has more than 600W of power for the entire system) and seeing if you get display on that as well.

How old is the EVGA PSU? By different PSU, what is the make and model?

Dec 31, 2019
Looks like the AMD card croaked. Might want to confirm this assumption by dropping it into a donor system(that has more than 600W of power for the entire system) and seeing if you get display on that as well.

How old is the EVGA PSU? By different PSU, what is the make and model?
Evga PSU is 3~ months old, on other system there was a Rosewill 650W psu (Cant remember model) CPU was I5-3450 and when I switch display output to gpu in bios, motherboard refuses to post, but when I select IGFX it posts, but gpu doesn't output any video at all

TRENDING THREADS