Cant install drivers

Kinhalrex

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
I bought a HP laptop with preinstalled windows 10. I reinstalled with windows 7 professional. Now I cant install the drivers. Did anyone have the same experience as me and I can I get the wireless driver installed

Solution
How did you install win 7? If you used USB or DVD, that is going to be way to install the drivers again. You will need to download them from HP web site on another PC and copy them across.

You got past the main barrier that is just installing it in 1st place. Normally lack of USB 3 drivers is enough to stop some.

Another way is remove hdd, put it in another PC, copy drivers onto it, put hdd back in laptop again & install the drivers

Colif

Win 11 Master
How did you install win 7? If you used USB or DVD, that is going to be way to install the drivers again. You will need to download them from HP web site on another PC and copy them across.

You got past the main barrier that is just installing it in 1st place. Normally lack of USB 3 drivers is enough to stop some.

Another way is remove hdd, put it in another PC, copy drivers onto it, put hdd back in laptop again & install the drivers

Solution

Kinhalrex

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
I used the dvd....i formated the hard drive hoping that I would downloand drivers from internet...the ones i downloaded.....it seems to be a problem btween win 7 and 10

Colif

Win 11 Master
Your laptop doesn't have any win 7 drivers, it only has 10, that is the reason the driver won't install.

Win 10 drivers won't work on 7. You should have looked to see if notebook had win 7 drivers before buying it or installing 7, the only operating system available is 10 so you may need to use it.