[SOLVED] Cant install HP Deskjet 1280 driver in win 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

person31

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
Hi, I have a HP DeskJet 1280 with a driver CD. When I try installing it, it shows the error message saying to use the add new printer to set it up. When I try doing that, I get to the point where I select what printer I have and DJ 1280 is not listed. What do I do?

Reactions: softwarereview
Try to install it manually, using closest DeskJet driver. Don't use DriverCD if it does not have Windows 10 support. Unfortuantely, HP page for that printer is down, so I can't see whether there is Windows 10 support to start with.

person31

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
Try to install it manually, using closest DeskJet driver. Don't use DriverCD if it does not have Windows 10 support. Unfortuantely, HP page for that printer is down, so I can't see whether there is Windows 10 support to start with.
Thanks for the reply. I had a look on other threads and they suggest that the DeskJet 1220C is a compatible driver. The problem is that this also doesn't show up when I try installing a driver.

person31

Honorable
Jun 13, 2015
Go to Settings, Devices/Printers, then "The printer is not listed", and click on "Windows Update" to update the list of supported printers.
Yeah that's what the other threads said to do. When I did this it did not show up. I checked HP, Hewlett Packard and Hewlett-Packard. None of which show it. When I try to download it, HP tells me to do the method that I just tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS