Question Can't install new version of Windows on a Ryzen PC

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jun 24, 2019
So today I wanted to play some LoL and so I tried to launch the client. The client opened but closed right away leaving some kind of crash report. Soon the screen started getting black every few seconds. I tried ctrl+alt+del but it didn't work and so the pc froze. I forced a shut down and tried to restart but again it didn't work; after the Windows logo screen went black. The weird thing is I could still see my mouse and it was loading something. I reset the uefi to factory settings. Nothing worked so I decided to just reinstall windows. I created the boot drive and tried to install windows but if I booted from UEFI: Kingston it wouldn't let me install Windows on my SSD, if however I tried booting from just Kingston the installation would start, but the PC froze after 1min 25sec. I bypassed whatever was causing the issue launching the setup.exe with cmd, but then it would freeze on Gigabyte logo. Tried pulling out every unnecessary part and tinkered in the uefi without success. I am yet to try installing it with iso image and rufus, but I feel like it's the new version of Windows that's causing the issue. Just updated yesterday. Should've left updates disabled.
R3 1200
RX460
AX370M-Gaming3

Jun 24, 2019
They didn't say and I didn't ask. All that matters for me is that my system is up and running. Also they found out what's wrong AND replaced the CPU for $10, which is way lower that I expected.

EDIT: I also encountered a problem. All the games I have installed on the HDD are still there, but they don't show up in Apps as they're not installed. I can run them, they're just not considered installed. Is there a way to make them appear in installed apps again without reinstalling?

Last edited: