Question Can't install Nvidia driver

Jul 12, 2019
i simply cannot install any driver from nvidia. Not the older ones or latest. it tells me that its not compatible with this version of windows. it started being like that a couple of months ago after i factory reset my computer and it reverted me back to an older driver and ever since then even after trying every tutorial or forum or video i could find nothing manages to fix it. My windows version is also the latest so it is not a matter of my computer not being compatible with the newer drivers because it is and i know this for a fact because i used to have the latest version of the driver. I truly tried everything i could find so please if anyone could provide some actual help it would be greatly appreciated.

my graphics card: Nvidia GTX 860m

Jul 12, 2019
i simply cannot install any driver from nvidia. Not the older ones or latest. it tells me that its not compatible with this version of windows. it started being like that a couple of months ago after i factory reset my computer and it reverted me back to an older driver and ever since then even after trying every tutorial or forum or video i could find nothing manages to fix it. My windows version is also the latest and it is not a matter of my computer not being compatible with the newer drivers because it is and i know this for a fact because i used to have the latest version of the driver. I truly tried everything i could find so please if anyone could provide some actual help it would be greatly appreciated.

my graphics card: Nvidia GTX 860m

Jul 12, 2019
I have no idea why it won't install.
Have you used drivers directly from Nvidia on that same laptop before?
If so I suggest you contact Nvidia and see what driver they recommend.
i have i used to be able to update my drivers normally whenever a new one released but once i factory reseted i got stuck with a super old driver . thanks for trying to help anyway man.

Jul 12, 2019
You could try to download GeForce Experience and see if it will update the driver for you.
tried that alerady as well i really tried every fix i was able to find which is why i asked here but i guess my issue is unique for some reason so ill just live with the driver i have right now until i buy a new computer thanks a lot for your help i really thought you mightve fixed my problem with the DCH version of the driver but i guess the issue might be tied to my computer being old so buying a new one should fix my problem thanks again for your help

Reactions: DMAN999

TRENDING THREADS