Cant Install Recovery Console as boot option

When I try to install the recovery console as a boot option from my XP Pro CD
using the command E:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons I get the message that
there is a newer version of windows on my HD than on the CD and it wont let
me continue. It seems that updating XP with SP1 and SP2 has caused this
problem. I suspect there is a registry edit to make but dont know what it
could be. Anyone know how to fix this problem?

Thanks

carlos

Distinguished
May 5, 2002

Did you upgraded your BIOS to SP2?
..

If the Repair Option is not Available
http://www.michaelstevenstech.­com/repair_install_warning.htm

"Recovery Console SP2 revision"
http://www.michaelstevenstech.­com/xpfaq.html#21

Either one of the following utilities makes slipstreaming
(integrating) SP2 into Windows XP a breeze:

Windows Slipstreaming and Bootable CD Guide
http://www.msfn.org/articles.p­hp?action=show&showarticle=49

or

AutoStreamer 1.0.33 (preferred)
http://www.wbeta.com/comments.­php?shownews=1063&catid=2

Windows XP Service Pack 2 - Direct Download
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=049C9DBE-3B8E-4F30-8245-9E368D3CDB5A&displaylang=en

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Jiimy Jay" wrote:

| When I try to install the recovery console as a boot option from my XP Pro CD
| using the command E:\i386\winnt32.exe /cmdcons I get the message that
| there is a newer version of windows on my HD than on the CD and it wont let
| me continue. It seems that updating XP with SP1 and SP2 has caused this
| problem. I suspect there is a registry edit to make but dont know what it
| could be. Anyone know how to fix this problem?
|
| Thanks

You cant install recovery boot option after SP2 "TechNet at microsoft"...