[SOLVED] Cant install SSD 970 EVO Driver

Dec 15, 2018
hi,

i have MSI GV62 8RD Laptop
intel i5 8300H

the pc came with SATA HDD 1TB & M.2 Intel Optane 16GB
i replaced the Optane with 970 EVO SSD NVMe M.2 500GB.
before i insalled the 970 EVO i Disabled the Optane option from the Intel Rapid Storage.
the i installed the new SSD and moved the OS (Win 10) with Samsung migration tool.
everything is working but when i trying to install the Samsung NVMe Driver i get this error:

LzdfWsf.jpg

some pics from my bios:
bhq1Aep.jpg

kAdCdRi.jpg

mdW3RQS.jpg

2jnT983.jpg

Solution
IRST is intel's RAID driver and related software that facilitates the optane + HDD combination. It over rides the native SATA controller with Intel's version . I suspect that the samsung driver will not install unless IRST is uninstalled completely. Then Install the Samsung driver and if you want the intel stuff, reinstall it, but I would not. No need and it complicates matters. Ensure that SATA mode in UEFI reads AHCI .
IRST is intel's RAID driver and related software that facilitates the optane + HDD combination. It over rides the native SATA controller with Intel's version . I suspect that the samsung driver will not install unless IRST is uninstalled completely. Then Install the Samsung driver and if you want the intel stuff, reinstall it, but I would not. No need and it complicates matters. Ensure that SATA mode in UEFI reads AHCI .

Solution