Question can't install updates on a (relatively old) laptop

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
hi everyone,
i've got an old clevo P150Em (sager Np9150) that i just recently started using again, and it is running windows 10. it's safe to say that i haven't used it from around 2017 and it has missed a lot of windows updates. right now i'm trying to install the latest update but whenever it finishes downloading (if at all) it says there was an error and the operation aborts.
this goes on over and over again whenever i start my laptop again. it's a strong machine (even to it's age) and i've no doubt it's not a hardware issue, if that even changes anything.

specs:
intel i7 3610Qm
8Gb ram
radeon 7970m

thanks!

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
The key here is probably the time span from last time the computer was used. If that makes Windows unable to update, maybe the only option is to install windows from scratch over again.

You could check if you've ran out
Haven't. I cleared some more disk space even. Also i dont know where the cd key and regardless id rather not format the computer. Any othe ideas?

Avinoam73

Distinguished
May 1, 2012
By doing a Google search for that error code I found this:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...80070652/0e0b074e-a839-414d-87f8-b360f9cb5b1e
I hope that helps.
i've done what the guide says and now i'm having different trouble.

after updating the updater sayid i cou;dn't install it on the reserved partition, which was in fact full. i've changed it via disk management to a letter path to see what's inside, and no files were showing. except a folder called "snapshots" with some DAT files. i've moved these files out to a different drive for a backup, but now the system reserved drive has 44MB out of 349MB free, and when i check what's inside it claims that the folder is empty. i checked the "hidden items" box as well but nothing popped up.

i want to format the drive completely but i don't know what i'll erase.

thanks