[SOLVED] Can't Install W10 on X570 Pro4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2020
Hello,

I bought an X570 Pro 4 motherboard with an AMD Ryzen 7 3700X processor
All with a Gigabyte RTX2060 Super graphics card.

I have a single 8GB RAM bar in A2 (it is recognized by the bios)

It's been 4 days now that I try to do a new installation of windows on a 250 GB samsung 850 EVO SSD.

I created a bootable usb key with the microsoft tool. I just started the installer. When ue select my SSD, the utility tells me that it needs a GPT partition and not MBR.
I then do SHIFT + F10 to launch DISKPART
I select my record, do a clean
then a GPT convert. The command succeeded, I try a format fs = ntfs quick. The command stays at 0% and gives me an incorrect parameter error. My disk is now seen as having 2048 GB.

Then,
I tried to connect my SSD to USB on a second computer. I carry out the same commands (diskpart clean convert gpt then format ntfs) and there no problem.

I saw on a post to create a partition and copy the entire w10 key with Xcopy. Thing that I did.
I manage to boot on the partition of the SSD drive to start the installation and when I want to install, I get the following error:
0x80300002.

CHKDSK also gives no error.
I also tried to use RUFUS with version 1903 of W10. I am getting the same errors.

I also tried changing SSD to HDD, the result is the same.

Can somebody help me ?
Thank you

PS : I can provide some picture of the BIOS or the screen if you want
Sorry if my english is bad, I'm french :)

Solution
When you got gpt error, easiest option is delete all the partitions on that screen and click next, win 10 will create the 4 partitions it needs and continue install from there. No need to create them using diskpart.

I saw on a post to create a partition and copy the entire w10 key with Xcopy. Thing that I did.
I manage to boot on the partition of the SSD drive to start the installation and when I want to install, I get the following error:
0x80300002.

you are running installer off the ssd? that isn't likely to work well.

have you got latest bios?

have you tried the ssd in another pc? that size is clearly wrong.
then a GPT convert. The command succeeded, I try a format fs = ntfs quick...

Colif

Win 11 Master
When you got gpt error, easiest option is delete all the partitions on that screen and click next, win 10 will create the 4 partitions it needs and continue install from there. No need to create them using diskpart.

0x80300002.

you are running installer off the ssd? that isn't likely to work well.

have you got latest bios?

have you tried the ssd in another pc? that size is clearly wrong.
then a GPT convert. The command succeeded, I try a format fs = ntfs quick. The command stays at 0% and gives me an incorrect parameter error. My disk is now seen as having 2048 GB.
I would run clean on it again, might fix its size.
Running gpt convert on a drive with no partitions could be reason it didn't want to run. Clean wipes all partitions.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.