Question Cant install win10 and i tryed everything.

Mar 14, 2019
Hey guys. so i tryed to upgrade my pc to win10 after my win7 got very outdated.
So i made a win10 usb and wanted to install it. it went halfway and it said it missed a file. (NOTICE: it read the usb just fine)
So i went to my mates house making a new usb since it was a year or so old install.
And it just wouldn't load it. it kept saying "Verfying dmi data pool"
or "amd data change update to new dmi update success"

So i went in here and other sites to look up what could be wrong.

So far i've tryed:
The win10 usb (couldn't read)
all usb ports
Removing board battery.
clearing cmos with the 2 pins on board
Replacing all pcie and ram moduls.
Testing each RAM chip on it's own
Flash bios ( couldn't read)
Install win7 with usb (couldn't read)
Tryed different usbs.

Eventually i tryed booting from a preinstalled old win7 hdd, it could read and start on that.
Tryed to update bios from there with files on usb. couldn't read.
tryed to download it on the gigabyte bios client, and it said sucess, but my bios didn't update.
Tryed booting from pre installed win10 hdd without luck

BY THE WAY: The win10 usb worked fine in my friends computer.
Im Pretty much out of ideas, hope any of you can help me though.

Specs:
Cpu: amd phenom ii x4 965
Ram: x4 2gb fury sticks
Motherboard: gigabyte ga-ma78lmt-us2h
gpu: msi geforce 770
hdd: samsung hd103uj

Old rig i know. :)

( tryed booting from another old rig with the usb. dont work either.
amd phenom ii x3 710
asrock m3a790gxh/128m)

Last edited:
Mar 14, 2019
I uninstalled the win7 on the hdd of the pc as i wanted to upgrade. but i had another win7 hdd where i tryed to update the bios with gigabytes bios updater manually. and seems like since i tryed to update it. it can't start from that one either, it can read it but when it want to load in on windows it gets a startup failure. after 1 hour of the startup repair it said it couldn't fix it.

I uninstalled the win7 on the hdd of the pc as i wanted to upgrade. but i had another win7 hdd where i tryed to update the bios with gigabytes bios updater manually. and seems like since i tryed to update it. it can't start from that one either, it can read it but when it want to load in on windows it gets a startup failure. after 1 hour of the startup repair it said it couldn't fix it.

If you try to boot off a windows setup from another computer it won't work most of the time.