[SOLVED] Can't install win10 on acer switch, error during clean install from usb

Ichisuke

Honorable
Sep 10, 2015
So.. I have this acer switch model sw03-13 32GB of emmc.
They gave it to me since they told me it had a "virus" and it was hanging randomly. The owner tried reinstalling win10 from clean but with no luck. I'm now trying to do the same... and it just get stuck while installing. I've tried diskpart "clean all" and then install from usb (even with OTG cable directly from the tablet and not from the keyboard) with 2 different usb pen drive (one usb 2.0) and even using an usb dvd drive. With no luck. It just get stuck while installing. It seems to hang at different % completion of the second step "preparing file for installation".
The error it gives is
"Windows Cannot Install Required Files 0x8007025D"

Do you think that maybe something went bad with the ram or the emmc itself?

EDIT: During another try the install ended with a bsod with memory managment error...

EDIT2: fired up memtest.... it's showing an endless list of errors on test 3 moving inversions, ones & zeroes... o_O

Last edited:
Solution
Seems you found your problem. Did you test it on each stick individually? Doing it on all at once just tells you ram is bad, but not which sticks.

1 error is too many in Memtest, more than 1 is a sign you need to get a new stick.

Or remove overclocks but I assume that isn't case.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Seems you found your problem. Did you test it on each stick individually? Doing it on all at once just tells you ram is bad, but not which sticks.

1 error is too many in Memtest, more than 1 is a sign you need to get a new stick.

Solution

Ichisuke

Honorable
Sep 10, 2015

It's a windows tablet with a removable keyboard. The ram is probably soldered on to the motherboard. I think it will go into the trash... Too old to spend money on it for repairing it.