Question Cant install Win7 on Asus ROG Strix G531GW-AL099.

Mgaak

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015
Hello,

I just bought Asus ROG Strix G531GW-AL099 (BIOS v303) without any OS preinstalled and I have a peculiar problem.

I cannot install Windows 7 on it (lets not make this a thread about why 10>7, please, its simple maths).I created a bootable USB via EZ Installer by Asus, Rufus and something else as well.I chose UEFI NTFS (FAT32 too) and GPT (it doesnt even see the stick if its done with MBR).Fastboot and security boot are disabled, no CSM on this BIOS.

After "Windows is loading files" (2 full bars) I get the "Starting Windows" panel (pic related) with some crashy things (orange bar on top).Also LED lights under the keyboard flicker off/on every 5s and it falls into some kind of infinite loop of this flickery thing (orange bar appears after 2 iterations, after the 1st one its just a single line that looks like some disturbance in a Matrix, but horizontal).Then, everything is unresponsive so I have to hold the power button to kill and shut it down.

I tried this before and after successfully installing Linux Manjaro onto the device (I created a NTFS partition for Win7 while installing Manjaro).

What am I doing wrong ?

Mgaak

Reputable
Jul 18, 2015
I managed to install Win 7 but still during the 1st loading of system I got the same graphical error. I gave in and got Win 10. So yeah, /thread.