Cant install Win8 on new build

Ranoris

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
Hey guys i have been through every thread, done every step everyone and their uncle seems to say will fix the issues im seeing when I attempt to install Windows 8 on a brand new (built this weekend) pc. And let me first say...im beyond frustrated with this new build.
_________
Specs:
Asus z97e
intel i5
120gb SSD
1TB HD
16gb corsair vengeance ram
h100i cooling unit
gtx 950

I've seen it all at this point...when it comes to error codes that is. After you've tried all the different tweeks i've tried, swapping sata cables, plugging hds into another pc to make sure the drives arent bad, formatting, refomatting, gpart, partition wizard, you'd find more grey hair the next day...lets just say i've memorized my windows security key at this point.

My problem started with the dreaded "this disk is MBR needs to be GPT"

I learned the cmd scripts for converting to GPT...however, after it says conversion successful in the cmd prompt and i type list disk the disk is not listed as GPT.

My resolution to this was to plug it into the hot swap on my other pc and convert it there. Done. Take drive out. Put drive in. Restart. Type security key again...Still no luck.

I've even tried creating MSR, EFI, and NTFS partitions on the drive in the working pc and putting it into the new one. Still no luck. Repeat security key entry.

Im stuck. And i need help. Both my roommate and I are avid computer geeks and have built many pc's together and independently. Our combined 40+ hours of working on trying to resolve this pc's issues is nuts. Never have i ever had such a hard time installing windows...please rescue me oh great gurus of the interwebs!

Solution
I've figured out that error 0x80300001 is the instalation media missing (i.e) when the cd is not in the drive.

Trying installation media on USB and drivers loaded in drive. Wish me luck!

Ranoris

Commendable
Jul 13, 2016
I've figured out that error 0x80300001 is the instalation media missing (i.e) when the cd is not in the drive.

Trying installation media on USB and drivers loaded in drive. Wish me luck!

Solution