Cant install windows 10 after getting new hdd

cleverlynamedperson

Commendable
Dec 25, 2018
Apologies if this is in the wrong category.

Im really unsure of what the problem with my current PC is.

8 months ago windows began to run extremely slow so i sent it into a tech shop. He reinstalled windows and told me its fixed.

3 months ago it began crashing again. This time i just left it until i had enough money to send it back into the shop again. In that time i read up on computers and learned alot.

Ff to a week ago. Doing some troubleshooting i ran the chkdsk command and it came back with sone corrupted files and errors. This along with the VERY slow OS boot time i assumed it was the hdd.

I then went out and purchased a new cheap used hdd. I attempted to install free windows 10 on that hdd. Now actually getting to the part where i choose the disk is painfully long. So im now unsure what the problem is.

In the bios there is no temp problems. I'm not really sure how to move forward with this.

I can access the bios and boot menu. I can also access windows 10 to use command prompt using my other hdd. Any help is appreciated and i can reply relatively fast to be more helpful.

RealBeast

Titan
I would start by testing your memory using Memtest86+ as memory errors can cause such issues. Run three or more full passes and if you get no error at all we'll move on, otherwise we'll fix the memory issue.

cleverlynamedperson

Commendable
Dec 25, 2018

Actually i managed to get it working. It worked randomly. It kept creating partitions and then telling me it couldnt be installed on the new partition. eventually it installed on the partition.

TRENDING THREADS