Can't Install Windows 10 from USB

bezelbub69

Prominent
Nov 18, 2017
I decided to upgrade my gaming rig and decided to give my old one to my son. This old one has an I7-4970k, 16GB DDR3 1866, 850W EVGA power supply and a Gigabyte GTX 1070. This old system worked flawlessly until the move. I did take the M.2 Samsung Evo 960 from this old rig and replace it (first) his old no name brand SSD and when I hit the problem, a new Samsung 850 Evo 250GB just to see if it was a SSD incompatibility or bad hardware.

This is the only hardware change on the old system.

Enter: The Problem

I load Windows 10 on my Sandisk Extreme 64GB USB 3.1 flash drive and try to install Windows 10. I see the SSD and the USB in the BIOS, and I tell the BIOS to boot from the USB. The system boots, I see the Windows logo from the Windows setup on the USB. About 20 secs later, the system reboots and I'm back to the BIOS splash page. Windows 10 setup page never loads.

What I've tried, same results:
Different USB flash drive
USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 ports for the USB
Tried a different Windows 10 image
Reset the BIOS
Blew out the system with air
Re-seated the RAM and switched slots
Checked all of the PSU connections
Replaced the power supply cable to the wall
Replaced the old no-name SSD with new SSD
Set BIOS to use AHCI

What quasi-worked:
I installed Win 10 on my new rig up to the first reboot with the old rigs SSD, then moved the SSD back to the old rig. Windows loaded, everything was good until I install a driver and i get a blue screen with a memory error, and now Windows won't load because the driver being loaded was the Intel RST driver and now windows can't find a boot disk. I'm back to square one.

What I think:
I KNOW it's not the Win 10 images or USB drives as I used the same to install Windows 10 on my new rig (worked flawlessly) plus I used the same to install Windows 10 on my 4 Mining Rigs and kids computers.
I KNOW the system worked with zero flickers/problems/anything until I physically moved it to another location. (It was moved gently and not dropped)
I'm almost 100% certain its a hardware problem, even though the hardware worked flawlessly for a long time before the move

Any help would be most appreciated.