[SOLVED] Can't install Windows 10 on an M.2 SATA SSD ?

Nov 2, 2021
Hi All good morning.

So I have a big problem with my PC, currently I'm trying to reinstall Windows 10 into it since I tried to activate the TPM 2.0 that comes with my Motherboard to see if I could update to Win 11, but when I did that the PC started to stutter all the time and to freeze up after a couple of minutes of being turned on, so I thought that if I deactivated the TPM 2.0 from the motherboard again and then did a clean install then the problem would be solved, but now I constantly get an error when trying to format the HDD [SSD?] or to create the partitions for the win 10 installation, idealy I would like to do the install with the TPM 2.0 activated (Enable Firmware TPM instead of the Enable Discrete TPM).

Here are the specs of my PC:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz
RAM: Team Group T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 32GB 2x16 CL16
SSD: PNY CS900 500GB SSD M.2 SATA III
HDD: WD Black SN750 NVMe 2TB SSD M.2 PCI Express 3.0 con Disipador Térmico

And the current BIOS version is 4002, if I don't remember wrongly, and here are some screens of the error I get and the current BIOS config I have: Complete BIOS and error images

I have tried the answer for this post but it didn't work: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/cant-install-windows-10-on-m-2.3082008/

Last edited:
Solution
Hi All good morning.

So I have a big problem with my PC, currently I'm trying to reinstall Windows 10 into it since I tried to activate the TPM 2.0 that comes with my Motherboard to see if I could update to Win 11, but when I did that the PC started to stutter all the time and to freeze up after a couple of minutes of being turned on, so I thought that if I deactivated the TPM 2.0 from the motherboard again and then did a clean install then the problem would be solved, but now I constantly get an error when trying to format the HDD [SSD?] or to create the partitions for the win 10 installation, idealy I would like to do the install with the TPM 2.0 activated (Enable Firmware TPM instead of the Enable Discrete TPM).

Here...
Oct 30, 2021
Hi All good morning.

Here are the specs of my PC:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F Gaming
Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz
RAM: Team Group T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 32GB 2x16 CL16
SSD: PNY CS900 500GB SSD M.2 SATA III
HDD: WD Black SN750 NVMe 2TB SSD M.2 PCI Express 3.0 con Disipador Térmico

And the current BIOS version is 4002, if I don't remember wrongly, and here are some screens of the error I get and the current BIOS config I have: Complete BIOS and error images

I have tried the answer for this post but it didn't work: https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/cant-install-windows-10-on-m-2.3082008/
Dont do it right now windows 11 is crippling ryzen chips because their in bed with intel. Is like a 15% decrease in performance . Wait till they fix the bugs and then upgrade. Id just turn off the feature causing the issue. Do a fresh install using the usb tool and wait for the bug fixes.

Solution