Can't install windows 10 on my New PC

Yuno143

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016
Hi i built this new pc but i can't install windows.
I have the Asus Maximus viii impact z170 MB.
16gb ddr4 2133
i7 6700k
1tb harddrive
1tb ssd
windows 10 USB
I keep getting error code AE, and i get a blue screen saying ":( Your PC ran into a problem and needs to reset. We'll restart for you." If you'd like to know more, you can search online later for this error code: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (MCUPDATE.DLL)

Solution
Hmm strange. Got a spare computer you could use rufus on. We'll see if doing it on another PC does something

You downloaded the ISO with the mediacreation tool right?

Yuno143

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016

Yuno143

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016

I don't understand what your saying, I am using a usb i don't have an optical drive either.

Thats the file thats crashing, sites say it belongs to a Mcafee program.

Mcafee programs dont get installed with Win10.

It looks like 2 mcupdate files get installed with Win10, one's called GenuineIntel the other AuthenticAMD.dll

But not the one that's crashing on yours

Yuno143

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016

Really is there a solution to it? bcz im getting it from a windows10 usb i bought from target and also downloaded windows 10 on a usb from microsoft's website.

Yuno143

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016

Yeah i used rufus 2.5 and 2.6

K try 2.6. Since this mobo supports UEFI (enable it in the BIOS too), select it then add the iso then try again.

Enable secureboot as well since this is probably 64 bit.

I would also update the BIOS / in the BIOS.

That CPU was one or the main CPU that was affected by a bug. It could freeze under load

Yuno143

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016

Alright im going to try it. So do you think that a certain code went in the cpu and is affected by all this? The reason why I think it might be the cpu is because i replaced the motherboard, ram, and harddrive. Except for the cpu and im getting the same problem. I also switched from asus maximus viii gene z170 to the impact motherboard. I frogot to say that i also updated the bios to the latest version. I tried what you just said and I was getting the spinning circles with the windows logo but then i got the blue screen again.

TRENDING THREADS