Can't install windows 10 without a graphics card

Jan 8, 2019
Its my first built and I can't seem to figure out why I can't install the windows 10 pro on my machine. I have Z390 motherboard and 9th Gen Core i9. It finishes the installation, but when the system reboots, first it shows a blue screen, then every time it restarts I get this error.

The computer restarted unexpectedly or encounter an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed.

■ I have tried swapping the hard drive, but the result is the same.

■ The RAMs are fine, I tried swapping them as well. They appear in BIOS just fine.

■ Someone told me in the other post here that I don't need the graphics card to install the windows. http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3863310/z390-integrated-graphics-chip.html

That's how the hard drives appear in the BIOS, I am not sure how to read this chart.

Solution

Just download another ISO, if you think the ISO is corrupted.
Jan 8, 2019

Well, updating BIOS is kinda risky process. I don't want to brick the system that I built yesterday! Are you certain that will fix the problem?

No, I'm not certain that it will fix it. But the point is the motherboard is useless as is now. If you would rather just return the motherboard now.

tejayd

Prominent
Mar 11, 2018
Whatever was said about needing a graphics card is wrong. You are fine with the built in graphics.

The situation you're in now would be something that would piss me off. Assuming everything with the installation media is correct, I would agree with Terry and start by reseting the cmos. If still no good, update bios. If you have another pc and are using a boot USB for win10, I might try to redo that before I decided to update the bios.

Jan 8, 2019

I would rather return it than playing with the BIOS. Since I bought it few days ago.

Of course it powers on without a hard drive.

Asus - ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING

Jan 8, 2019

Yes, I am using a boot USB for windows 10. I guess I could try installing the windows in one of my old laptops. If it works in it then boot USB is not the problem.

If you have a case speaker, then you may be able to at least find out what is the error from the beep code.

Just download another ISO, if you think the ISO is corrupted.

Solution
Jan 8, 2019

Ok, I will give that a try tomorrow. Thanks for your help so far :)

Jan 8, 2019

Turns out microsofts official downloading windows 10 has a corrupted setup. Don't download it through here, https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/software-download/windows10