[SOLVED] Can't install Windows 11 even after the fix....

knowledge2121

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2013
I have a laptop with TPM1.2 and i7-4800MQ. I followed the following guide to bypass the TPM and CPU check:

• First off, hit the hotkey Win+r and type in regedit.
  • From there, you will click through to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Setup\MoSetup
  • Right click the registry editor window and select new, then DWORD (32-bit value)
  • Name it AllowUpgradesWithUnsupportedTPMOrCPU
  • Then change its value to 1
Then went here and downloaded the Windows 11 installation assistant...but I am unable to install Windows 11. The assistant says the laptop is not compatible...how should I install Windows 11 ?

Last edited:
Solution
I have a laptop with TPM1.2 and i7-4800MQ. I followed the following guide to bypass the TPM and CPU check:

• Right click the registry editor window and select new, then DWORD (32-bit value)
Then went here and downloaded the Windows 11 installation assistant...but I am unable to install Windows 11. The assistant says the laptop is not compatible...how should I install Windows 11 ?

Hello!

This might not be what you want to hear, but please stop trying to install Win11 on...

Endre

Reputable

Hello!

This might not be what you want to hear, but please stop trying to install Win11 on unsupported hardware!
That will only lead to problems.

Please stick with Win10 for now!
It is still working & it’s being updated regularily until 2025.

Solution
Oct 15, 2021
I just got done installing windows 11 Pro on my old unsupported laptop. Thanks to the 100% HDD usage Windows 11 runs way better than Windows 10.

Laptop is a 2nd Gen (SandyBridges) Core i3-2330M 2.2GHz, 8Gb of ram, no TPM and no UEFI support. Since this was my old system I originally installed win11 just to see if I could. Now that it's installed and running better than win10 I'm gonna keep win11.

Now on my main laptop I will be holding off upgrading to Win11 for now as my Windows 10 install works great and I prefer to let all the early adopters find the bugs.

If that is your main system your better off installing win11 in Virtualbox or other VM.