Can't Install Windows 2000

Gene

When I boot from the floppy disks to load Win 2000 I
receive an error "file/biosinfo.inf could not be loaded.
The error code is 1024".

The file that it is looking for is on the floppy. I have
tried creating a new set of floppys but I still have the
same problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Have you tried just booting from the W2k CD to do the setup?

Gene wrote:
> When I boot from the floppy disks to load Win 2000 I
> receive an error "file/biosinfo.inf could not be loaded.
> The error code is 1024".
>
> The file that it is looking for is on the floppy. I have
> tried creating a new set of floppys but I still have the
> same problem.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

Jd

Have you tried booting the disks on a different pc or fdd?
Have you tried creating the floppies from a different fdd?
good luck

"Gene" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I boot from the floppy disks to load Win 2000 I
> receive an error "file/biosinfo.inf could not be loaded.
> The error code is 1024".
>
> The file that it is looking for is on the floppy. I have
> tried creating a new set of floppys but I still have the
> same problem.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

Gene

I have tried booting from the install CD but a get an
error failure to boot and the system then goes to the "C"
drive to boot.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Do you have another bootable CD you can try to see if the problem is with
this CD itself?
Is this a retail copy of W2k, (or a bundled OEM one that has the full copy)-
or is it a "recovery CD" from the hardware mfr?