[SOLVED] Can't install Windows 7 because of USB ports

schiavoni

Commendable
Mar 19, 2018
Good afternoon,

I bought some new system recently, with ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard and AMD Ryzen 5 3400G CPU. I'm trying to install Windows 7, but the problem is that Windows doens't recognize the USB-ports (Both 3.0, 3.1 and 2.0). When Windows is finishing the installation, I have to put in a name of the computer, but I can't use the mouse or keyboard.

I've found that a lot of people have problems with this. I tried to add the drivers from the ASRock website with NTLite into the iso-file, but I didn't work. I've also tried other tools like the Windows Tool to add the drivers into the iso-file, but it didn't work. The tool of ASRock isn't working. I did also put in the USB mouse into another ports, but it don't work.

At the start of the installation, the mouse and keyboard are working fine. When the installation is ready to finish, the USB-ports don't work anymore.

Does anyone know how I can fix the problem?

Solution
The USB drivers are in the Driver folder of that USB patcher. You need to manually install the USB drivers through device manager and it may be trial and error to find the correct hardware and driver for the USB. If you can get a PS/2 mouse or PS/2 adapter for a mouse, you can switch to a mouse and install the driver easily after moving them to the Windows 7 install from your Windows 10.

Start with installing all other required drivers for Windows 7 before USB. Then once you have everything else installed, open Win7UsbPatcher(v2.0.21_AM4)\Resource\Drivers\USB\USB31_PT. Both folders have drivers that need to be installed so try them both on whatever hardware has no drivers. If USB31_PT is the wrong drivers try both the USB30 folders. If...

kanewolf

Titan
Good afternoon,

I bought some new system recently, with ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard and AMD Ryzen 5 3400G CPU. I'm trying to install Windows 7, but the problem is that Windows doens't recognize the USB-ports (Both 3.0, 3.1 and 2.0). When Windows is finishing the installation, I have to put in a name of the computer, but I can't use the mouse or keyboard.

I've found that a lot of people have problems with this. I tried to add the drivers from the ASRock website with NTLite into the iso-file, but I didn't work. I've also tried other tools like the Windows Tool to add the drivers into the iso-file, but it didn't work. The tool of ASRock isn't working. I did also put in the USB mouse into another ports, but it don't work.

At the start of the installation, the mouse and keyboard are working fine. When the installation is ready to finish, the USB-ports don't work anymore.

Does anyone know how I can fix the problem?
You have to add the USB drivers to the installation files. That motherboard was not designed to support Windows 7. This article has some tips -- https://www.anandtech.com/show/11182/how-to-get-ryzen-working-on-windows-7-x64

AsRock site for that motherboard even has a FAQ about Windows 7 install -- https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITXac/index.asp#FAQ

schiavoni

Commendable
Mar 19, 2018
Thanks for the information. I've add the USB driver files to the installation files (both to boot.wim and install.esd). It didn't work.

I read that article, but the ASRock tool is freezing when he is making a new image. I read that this happend to more people.

The reason I want to use Windows 7, is that some programs work better with this OS. I'm also using Windows 10.

Read what brno has to say here, it "MIGHT" work, it may "NOT" work.
http://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=624&PN=2&title=win-7-usb-patcher
Do you have a dvd burner and some dvd-r to install windows 7, if the usb ports fail, the dvd installation may work.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Memorex-DVD-R-16x-4-7GB-20-Pack-Spindle-Printable/13246888

Most normal windows 7 iso's should be around 3gb.

I am including my copy of windows7usb-dvd tool here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/rc07a...SB-DVD-Download-Tool-Installer-en-US.exe/file

schiavoni

Commendable
Mar 19, 2018
I found an PS/2 keyboard and Windows get installed. I need to install the USB drivers, but can't find these. I've already tried some drivers, but it didn't work. The only thing that works right now, is the keyboard.

The USB drivers are in the Driver folder of that USB patcher. You need to manually install the USB drivers through device manager and it may be trial and error to find the correct hardware and driver for the USB. If you can get a PS/2 mouse or PS/2 adapter for a mouse, you can switch to a mouse and install the driver easily after moving them to the Windows 7 install from your Windows 10.

Start with installing all other required drivers for Windows 7 before USB. Then once you have everything else installed, open Win7UsbPatcher(v2.0.21_AM4)\Resource\Drivers\USB\USB31_PT. Both folders have drivers that need to be installed so try them both on whatever hardware has no drivers. If USB31_PT is the wrong drivers try both the USB30 folders. If it worked it should detect any USB devices you have installed in the USB ports so make sure you keep at least something plugged in.

Solution

schiavoni

Commendable
Mar 19, 2018
Thanks for the information! With the Crimson ReLive 17.2.1 Chipset Drivers integrated in the Windows 7 installation, I can install Windows 7 with working USB ports.