Can't install Windows 7 due to black screen

Macaroonie

Reputable
May 2, 2015
Black screen with a cursor when trying to install Windows 7..

Some background info: I have an older model from 2012 of the alienware x51 and recently it has been giving me some trouble. It first started off with a blue screen here and there but soon needed up not being able to detect the internal hard drive. I ended up taking the Pc apart and removing the hard drive and putting it back in, cleaning a little bit, and then I put it back together. Still was unable to detect HDD. At this point I was unable to get to my desktop in time to even factory reset from the program AlienRespawn provided. Until I tried booting in safe mode and was SLOWLY able to reset to the factory setting of Windows 7 and so it ends up restarting the PC to finalize the reset. Now it can't get past the windows logo and I'm unable to start the windows 7 set up. So I retrieved my windows 7 home premium that came with my computer to try and install Windows 7 this way. The computer is now loading the files for installation and suddenly just turns into a black screen with a cursor and I'm unable to do anything. I even messed around with the BIOS settings a little and set CD to boot first before hard drive, still no luck.

This is my last resort at this point, I have no idea on what to do to fix this. Is it possibly a hardware issue? I did some searching and found out other people have the 'no internal hard drive found' issue with their x51 and they just simply reinstalled Windows to fix theirs, but I'm sitting here unable to even install my windows 7 due to this black screen. Any ideas guys?