Cant install windows 7 on my ssd

pandasmash

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2012
just finished putting together my first new build pc and all seemed to be ok until i tried to install windows . .

will first say im a total noob here so please point out anything ive done wrong.

turned on the pc. hit f1 and the bios screen shows up. assume all is set up correctly (?) so put in my windows 7 pro cd and booted it up.
windows loading screen, chose language, then accept service pack 1, then i have to select the drive and now i have my problem . . . i select the drive and click next. the windows screen goes to load and comes up with

"windows could not format a partition on disk 0. the error occurred while performing the partition for installation. error code 0x80070057"

should i have changed something in the bios? read something about firmware? could my ssd be broken? really no idea what im doing now and its driving me crazy!

i have a asusp8z77-v lv, corsair vengence 8gb ddr3 ram, 120gb agility 3 ssd, tx750 corsair psu

please help people before i explode!!

pandasmash

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2012
i tried moving the stata cables from the sata 6 Gb/s to the 3Gb/s and it has let me run the windows installation. i did think the agility 3 120gb ssd would work in the 6 tho?

but thank you guys for all your help. much appreciation xx

aicom

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
Make sure it's connected to the Intel SATA 6Gb ports instead of the 3rd party controller. If you look at the motherboard documentation, you'll find which ports are which.