can't install windows 7

lokmannakdeniz1

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018
hi there i have an computer with a ssd and can't boot windows 7 pro on it. my computer can't see the ssd i have an drive to see it but i don't know how to install the drive before installing windows 7 on it

the error: no drivers were found. make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers, and then click ok
is given

Can someone help me out??

lokmannakdeniz1

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018

I got this copy of windows pro from my boss. It is usually working on my normal computer but when i want to install it on my computer with 512 gb ssd somehow the ssd will not recognized i think i need a driver but which driver

lokmannakdeniz1

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018

it is an m.2 slot type but further i don't know

USAFRet

Titan
If your OS install USB is connected in a USB 3.0 port, this will not work.
Win 7 does not have the required drivers to talk to a USB 3.0 port.

Either connect to a USB 2.0 port, or slipstream the USB 3.0 drivers into your WIn 7 install.

And as far as motherboard SATA ports being turned off when using an m.2 drive...that is very board specific as to which ones.
My motherboard disables SATA 3 & 4. Others, SATA 1 & 2. Others, just one.
Some boards, it makes a difference as to a SATA based m.2 drive or an NVMe drive.
You need to look in your manual to see what is the specific case.

lokmannakdeniz1

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018

i don't have a hdd i only have a ssd 512gb in the m.2 slot and i can see it in the bios

lokmannakdeniz1

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018

hi there the boot file is on a cd i got it also on a usb3.0 but i found out that the usb won't work so i am using a cd right now i can see the cd but there is no disk to boot on so i need a driver to see the ssd

USAFRet

Titan

What is the specific make/model of the SSD?
What is the specific make/model of the motherboard?

lokmannakdeniz1

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018

kxg50znv 512gb nvme toshiba

USAFRet

Titan

OK, thats the drive.
And the motherboard?

TRENDING THREADS