Can't Install Windows on mSATA

Jan 22, 2019
I recently bought Samsung EVO 860 mSATA for my MSI GE60 0NC (± 7years old now). I tried to install Windows 8 on it (legal version, from bootable usb, clean install), however, when I'm on Windows Setup screen (the screen that you choose where to install the windows) I can't see the mSATA. I can only see the HDD. On BIOS screen, however, I can see the mSATA.

Does it have something to do with the HDD being MBR but mSATA being GPT. Because when using Rufus to create a bootable USB, I choose MBR as "partition scheme".

If this is not the case, what should I do to install the Windows on mSATA ?

Jan 22, 2019
First I thought maybe I can't use an mSATA-connected hard drive for a Windows install on this laptop, however I have read some threads with people running Windows 8 on mSata on MSI GE60 laptops.

Jan 22, 2019

I assigned a letter to the SSD from disk management. I can use it to store files. I have no problem with that. However, I can't see it during the installation setup.

Try to make a bootable USB with Rufus and use a Linux Distro.. something like Ubuntu and see if you can see the SDD through the setup.

Here is the Link (Latest) : https://github.com/pbatard/rufus/releases/download/v3.4/rufus-3.4.exe

Jan 22, 2019

I'm downloading Ubuntu right now. But isn't there any other way to do this without using Ubuntu ?

Jan 22, 2019

I'm downloading Ubuntu right now. But isn't there any other way to do this without using Ubuntu ?

No actually i want to see whether there's problem with your previous installer. If you can see the SSD during the ubuntu setup. then it should be a problem with the windows 8 source you tried.

No need of continuing the installer if you can see the SSD and also don't damage the current OS

Jan 22, 2019

Downloaded the Ubuntu and made a bootable USB but when tried to boot from the USB gave me a " boot error" message.:??:
Is there any other way that you can think of ?

Hmm this the easiest way of getting an idea.. anyway if you can't then how about changing the source.. another copy of window 8 may be? No matter what it is only need to be within Windows 7---- Windows 10

Only thing i needed was to check weather your first source is OK or not...Ssometimes this will not be hardware problem.

Jan 22, 2019

I'm downloading Windows10 right now from Microsoft DreamSpark. It is an official Microsoft site for college students. So, I don't think the source is the actual problem. But thanks for your inputs.