cant install windows on ssd

sayed_bayom

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
i have SSD LITEONIT 256MS 240GB
I have tested it on HDD sentinel it is excellent , also tested it in Crestaldiskinfo 5.6.2
it looks 100%and also tested it in SSDlife Pro looks(the desk is helathy )
but stell cant install windows even i test different computer and different windows Ver but no way i didnot know what i can do with this SSD
thank you

Solution
Unfortunately all you're left with now is to try and update the firmware (if possible as I've already mentioned), to see if that changes anything. Basically the other option would be to contact the SSD manufacturer and ask if they can replace it for you.
Hey there, Sayed.

So from what I understand, the SSD is detected by the BIOS/UEFI and also in Disk Management, Device Manager and Windows Explorer (I assume that it has no problem with being detected by the OS as you were able to test it) when connected as a secondary storage drive, but not detected by the Windows installation media. Is that correct?
If this is the case, I'd suggest that you try resetting your BIOS/UEFI or set the SATA mode to AHCI and try again. It would be a good idea, to update the SSD's firmware if you have available updates, to see if that fixes the issue.
I'd also recommend that you try the drive with a different computer, just to see if the same problem occurs again.

Hope that helps. Please let me know how everything goes.
Boogieman_WD

sayed_bayom

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015

sayed_bayom

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
Thank you for your replay
But bios detect my SSD also disk management like unlocated partition but I can't creat partition if you have Eny other tools to test SSD drive

Do you get any specific error when you try to create a partition on the SSD? Would you please post a screenshot of what you see about that drive in Disk Management (you can use imgur.com to upload the image)?
Try out the suggestions I've mentioned, to see if you'd be able to install Windows on that drive afterwards. Also, I'd recommend that you disconnect all other drives (besides the SSD) during the Windows installation process.

sayed_bayom

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015

sayed_bayom

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015
at computer management i see unknown 223.57GB Not Initialized when i try to Initialize it i got after a few minutes in virtual Disk manager window message ( The drive cannot find the sector requested. )

sayed_bayom

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015

at computer management i see unknown 223.57GB Not Initialized when i try to Initialize it i got after a few minutes in virtual Disk manager window message ( The drive cannot find the sector requested. )

Well, if you don't have the option to try to initialize the drive via a different computer and you keep getting that error, I'd recommend that you get in touch with the drive manufacturer's customer support and ask for assistance. Maybe you could try to RMA it, even if the SMART data doesn't report back any issues, as it still might be a problematic SSD.
Here's a bit more info on the error you're getting: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms837481.aspx

sayed_bayom

Reputable
Nov 11, 2015

Unfortunately all you're left with now is to try and update the firmware (if possible as I've already mentioned), to see if that changes anything. Basically the other option would be to contact the SSD manufacturer and ask if they can replace it for you.

Solution