Question Cant install windows xp on a laptop

Ven0m_

Honorable
Apr 20, 2017
hey i have a old laptop acer aspire 1353lm
i know its too old but i want to install windows xp again because i changed the hard drive from 40gb to 60gb..
i downloaded the windows xp home edition and make a usb bootable with rufus.. when i press f12 or f10 to boot from it it shows that white dash
and black screen and its keeping that why. how to solve this?

Wolfshadw

Titan
Slipstream means you embed it with the downloaded ISO so that it gets included during the installation process. This way you do not have to download things like the Service Pack and go through the entire install process again. Since it was included with the download, it should not be an issue. Where did you get the ISO from anyway?

-Wolf sends

Ven0m_

Honorable
Apr 20, 2017
Slipstream means you embed it with the downloaded ISO so that it gets included during the installation process. This way you do not have to download things like the Service Pack and go through the entire install process again. Since it was included with the download, it should not be an issue. Where did you get the ISO from anyway?

-Wolf sends
from getintopc
http://prntscr.com/mjryyu

Wolfshadw

Titan
It's possible that you can't just install using any Windows XP install. It may be that you need the reinstall disk for your model Acer. I recall sometimes, the first thing you were supposed to do was create a back up disk for just such an occasion. While they probably don't support your model laptop any longer, you might want to consider contacting Acer Support.

-Wolf sends

Ven0m_

Honorable
Apr 20, 2017
It's possible that you can't just install using any Windows XP install. It may be that you need the reinstall disk for your model Acer. I recall sometimes, the first thing you were supposed to do was create a back up disk for just such an occasion. While they probably don't support your model laptop any longer, you might want to consider contacting Acer Support.

-Wolf sends

i cloud install ubuntu 32bit on it. so something is wrong with windows xp i downloaded tho two different isos