Can't install Windows

bkesh777

Commendable
Jun 29, 2016
i have a acer aspire laptop.. windows seemed to unbootable so i tried to reinstall windows 7 using bootable cd and usb too but it won't install..
i can format the hdd during installation process but the installisation process will get hang on the final part of the installisation (completing installation part) how should i get to install windows in this hdd.. and is this the problem of hdd or something else......

Solution
Hey there, bkesh777!

I suspect that you might need to check your BIOS settings and try resetting BIOS. This might allow you to properly install the OS on your laptop.
However, if it doesn't work, I'd strongly recommend you check your HDD's health and SMART status using a DOS version of a diagnostic utility . This software will allow you to test the drive without booting into Windows or physically tampering with it inside the laptop. However, you will need to create a bootable USB drive with the program. If the laptop is still within the warranty period, get in touch with the manufacturer's customer support for assistance. If the drive has failed, they should be able to help you with the RMA of the failed hardware.

Hope...
Hey there, bkesh777!

I suspect that you might need to check your BIOS settings and try resetting BIOS. This might allow you to properly install the OS on your laptop.
However, if it doesn't work, I'd strongly recommend you check your HDD's health and SMART status using a DOS version of a diagnostic utility . This software will allow you to test the drive without booting into Windows or physically tampering with it inside the laptop. However, you will need to create a bootable USB drive with the program. If the laptop is still within the warranty period, get in touch with the manufacturer's customer support for assistance. If the drive has failed, they should be able to help you with the RMA of the failed hardware.

Hope this helps. Good luck!
SuperSoph_WD

Solution