Can't install windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

Srida_

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
Hello, was using win10 but trying to install win8.1 with cmd, got me into this problem "operating system not found". Tried to install win8.1 with USB pen drive after making USB pen drive bootable but doesn't work. After i press boot menu key in my PC it is f8 key i got 2 options 1.Toshiba (my hard drive) n 2.USB (pen drive) to boot but after i click USB to boot up Black screen with cursor popup. I didn't understand why it shows black screen with cursor.I have asus motherboard m5a78l-mlx3, amd processor 3 gigahzrt, 8gb ram.

Srida_

Commendable
Sep 6, 2016
Rocky Bennett August 30, 2018 3:34:18 AM

Where did you download the ISO of Windows 8.1 from? What software did you use to make the bootable USB stick? I have found that Microsoft has generally hidden the authentic ISO of Windows 8.1, so don't use one from a third party. Also, I use Rufus.

I have downloaded it from torrent pirates bay. I used Rufus too to make bootable USB stick but don't why i can't boot. When i go to bios setup i can see USB device "sandisk" it's reading right . But whenever try to boot that is "black screen with cursor" comes up

Status
Not open for further replies.