Can't launch network app from shortcut

Here's a weird one...

I have a network app and the EXE sits on the server. If I create a shortcut
to the EXE and launch the app, I get an error that Windows can't access it.
If I do Start, Run and run the same EXE from the same location it works
fine.

"Absolutely" <abs@spam.never> wrote in message
> Here's a weird one...
>
> I have a network app and the EXE sits on the server. If I create a
shortcut
> to the EXE and launch the app, I get an error that Windows can't access
it.
> If I do Start, Run and run the same EXE from the same location it works
> fine.

What message do you get when you attempt to start
the application from a Command Prompt, either from
C:\ or alternatively from the network drive?

Didn't try from a command prompt and can't start it from C:\ since it
doesn't reside locally. When I get a chance I'll try it from a prompt. I
guess I should mention this is an XP Home machine (yea, I know - it isn't
mine though).

"Pegasus (MVP)" <I.can@fly.com> wrote in message

> "Absolutely" <abs@spam.never> wrote in message
>> Here's a weird one...
>>
>> I have a network app and the EXE sits on the server. If I create a
> shortcut
>> to the EXE and launch the app, I get an error that Windows can't access
> it.
>> If I do Start, Run and run the same EXE from the same location it works
>> fine.
>>

> What message do you get when you attempt to start
> the application from a Command Prompt, either from
> C:\ or alternatively from the network drive?

Open your network and drag the exe from the server to your desktop.
Then double click on the Icon.