Cant launch new game!! 'MSVCR71.dll was not found' ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

rHy0

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Hey i just got the game Hitman Blood Money and after finishing the installation i went to launch the game but i just got an error message saying 'This application has failed to start because MSVCR71.dll was not found'. 'Re-installing the application may fix this problem.' What the hell is going on!?? Ive tried reinstalling it several times but nothing :( Any idea what this is and how to fix it? I wanna play this game!! thanks.

Datman

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
http://www.dll-files.com/

Have a look on this site for the file MSVCR71.dll, download, unrar/zip to the windows - system directory.

Datman

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/vbrun6.html

What about Visual Basic 6 SP6 runtime library, has this been updated?

The Visual Basic 6 SP6 runtime library, also called vb6 runtime files or vbrun dll set, are required to run programs that were written in Visual Basic 6. It can be difficult to know whether a program needs these files because often an author fails to mention it in the help files or documentation. Typically the way you find out is that you run the program and an error message appears 'A required .DLL file was not found', 'Runtime error' (caution, this error has lots of different causes) or 'Error: the file msvbvm60.dll could not be found.'

rHy0

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
I just downloaded that thing just now. So how do i use it? Alright guys ot seems like were getting somewere here, really appreciate your help.

Datman

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
Just open it up and let it extract to a folder of your choice (browse) then open the extracted file from the folder it's in.

Hope this works for you.

rHy0

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Hey, sorry to sound like a noob but im gonna try extracting the dll file again and i want to be sure i send it to the right place so could you type out the the excact name of the file so i dont make a mistake? thanks

rHy0

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Sorry i really dont understand the excact way to type out windows system32 (i mean backslashes etc) and like i said i dont want to put it in wrong. Could explain exactly how its supposed to be typed? If i can get that done then it might work. thanks

shadowduck

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Sorry i really dont understand the excact way to type out windows system32 (i mean backslashes etc) and like i said i dont want to put it in wrong. Could explain exactly how its supposed to be typed? If i can get that done then it might work. thanks

you dont have to type it.. damn board wont let me put that in. Is the DLL in the System32 directory already? If so.. just go to step 2..

Start-->Run --> type regsvr32 dllname.dll.

FITCamaro

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006
I've never had to do that 2nd command to get apps that use the MFC dlls to work. Just have to have it in the proper place. I deal with the files all the time at work since a lot of our software uses them and we work off clean installs that don't have them so we just copy them over every time.

Datman

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
Damm ISP dropped out on me.

I've just extracted it with winrar then cut and paste into the windows - system folder on my C drive (not system32), No regedit or anything else.
That's where the read me file says to put them.

Is this what you mean shadowduck

Start-->Run --> type regsvr32 MSVCR71.dll

rHy0

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Alright guys got it going!! :) I cant believe i did a clean windows installation when i just had to extract the dll file to a folder! Thanks guys, great advice!

rHy0

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Alright guys got it going!! :) I cant believe i did a clean windows installation when i just had to extract the dll file to a folder! Thanks guys, great advice!

G

kman_68

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2009

This works, for me!!

piowaty

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
I had a similar issue with something that was working and didnt' calling out the same error. I found that an update must have renamed or replaced some dll's with a xxxxxd.dll name. For instance, I had msvcr71d.dll. I simply made a copy of that file, and then renamed the copy to msvcr71.dll and rebooted. The problem was no longer. Good luck!

steve334

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010
if you have the hitman blood money game, go to the install directory and you will see msvcr71.dll then you copy and paste it in system32 folder

Goodluck ;)

G

i'm having the same problem but i dont know why i can't register the wsvcr71.dll file. I already downloaded the file but whenever i register the following error will be shown :

"The module "msvcr71.dll" may not compatible with the version of windows that you're running. Check if the module is compatible with an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of regsvr32.exe"

I appreciate alot if any suggestion.
Thanks you guys !

G

hi guys, i have just found 1 tip on youtube that for my system 64 i have to follow these steps on cmd :
cd\
cd windows
cd sysWOW64
regsvr32 msvcr71.dll

but the other error also appeared that writen:

"The module "msvcr71.dll" was located but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
Make sure that "msvcr71.dll" is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again".

Lol. dont know what's wrong with my PC. PLZ help !

m4trix

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2010
Hi All, i had the same message after downloading Rumble Fighter. I recall a similar issue when trying to run another game a year or so ago.

Just copy the msvcr71.dll from another game or Office folder into the root of the game directory. This seemed to work for me. :bounce:

Status
Not open for further replies.